We can recommend some of the most beautiful hikes in the Pustertal, Ahrntal, and Gadertal to you
Summer hikes or winter snowshoeing adventures starting right from our hotel (leave your car behind):
- From the Kreuzner parking lot to the Kreuzwiesenalm, then on to Astjoch: ~4 hours total walking time
- From the Kreuzner parking lot to the Rastnerhütte and back to the starting point: ~4 hours total walking time
- From the Häusler Mountain Hotel to the Blonde Leine Alm: ~40 minutes
Interesting excursions in the surrounding area:
- Drive to Hofern (~30 mins.) and, from there, hike to the Moarhof Alm (~1 hr.).
- Drive to Pfalzen (~30 mins.) and, from there, hike to the Sambock summit (~2 hrs.).
- Drive to Percha (~35 mins.) and, from there, hike to the earth pyramids of Platten (~40 mins.).
Hiking in the Ahrntal
- Drive towards Sand in Taufers to the Reinbach waterfalls (~45 mins.) and, from there, hike up the Franziskusweg (St. Francis’ Path) past several impressive waterfalls (~60 mins.).
- Drive towards Rein in Taufers up to the valley head (~50 mins.); from there, you can reach the Knuttenalm via a comfortable hiking trail (suitable for strollers) (~60 mins.).
- Drive towards Lappach to the Neves-Stausee (~40 mins.) and, from there, hike to the Edelrauthütte (~2 hrs.).
Hiking in the Gadertal
- Drive to Pedratsches (~40 mins.) and, from there, take the chairlift up to Kreuzkofel; then, hike to the Amentarola meadows (~1.5 hrs.).
- Drive to Würzjoch (~1 hr.) and, once there, you can take a nice little walking tour around Peitlerkofel (~4 hrs.); alternatively, you can stay at Würzjoch and enjoy the impressive view.